We supply fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, fire safety signs and more ...
Avon Extinguishers have been serving customers throughout the West Country since 1985, ensuring that your living, working and pleasure environments are provided with the correct fire and safety equipment that conforms to Health and Safety standards. If you are looking for fire extinguishers in Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Weston or surrounding areas, we can help. We are a customer orientated, professional business that has built up a large customer base over the past 30 years.
We only supply high quality, affordable fire safety equipment manufactured to the British and European standards. As an independent company that is not tied to supplying any one manufacturer’s fire extinguishing products we can obtain the best quality products at affordable prices, and the fire safety advice we offer is objective and up to date.
Whether you require new fire extinguishers, fire extinguisher servicing, or fire alarms in Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Weston and surrounding areas, Avon Extinguishers have got it covered.
We offer free surveys, free fire extinguisher deliveries and free commissioning of extinguishers following delivery. We also provide fire safety training courses and fire risk assessments. In short we offer the full support package and above all else we are a friendly family run company that believes in putting our customers first.
We also provide safety signage, extinguisher stands and other fire safety equipment such as howler alarms, air horns and fire blankets.
All of our technicians are BAFE Registered and DBS checked.
EXTINGUISHER EVENT HIRE AND RENTAL MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT
Holding a music festival for the weekend or a pop-up event for a week? We have all types and sizes of fire extinguishers available to hire. Additional fire equipment such as fire extinguisher stands and fire blankets are also available to rent. We are happy to advise and supply you with all your fire extinguisher needs. Delivery and collection of the fire extinguishers is included within our prices.
Rental Maintenance Agreement
If you are starting a new business, then fire extinguisher rental might be the service for you. Renting fire extinguishers helps businesses who do not want the initial outlay when purchasing new fire extinguishers nor the expense of the annual servicing legally required. You simply pay an annual fee which covers; the rental of the fire extinguishers and other equipment if required, annual servicing and periodic testing, complete with a Certificate of Inspection lasting 12 months. Extinguisher collection and delivery are all included in the rental package.
Contact us for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there different sizes of fire extinguisher?
- Yes all according to the risk.
What is a fire rating?
- It determines the capability of the fire extinguisher when used on a pre-determined size of fire. This is marked on the fire extinguisher.
Do you do fire risk assessments?
- Yes, please contact us for a quotation.
How do I dispose of a fire extinguisher?
- They are unable to be put in general waste collections. We can collect any unwanted extinguishers for a small charge. If you purchase a replacement then we will take the old one away free of charge.
Are the contents dangerous?
- Not if used carefully. Powder extinguisher contents are not dangerous but can be harmful to the working environment, discretion to be used in the positioning.
Can I stand a fire extinguisher on the floor?
- Ideally, extinguishers would be mounted on a wall or a purpose made stand, otherwise it gets lost/hidden. There are certain height limits within the British Standards which must be adhered to.
How long does an extinguisher last?
- 20 years is average, but it must be annually serviced and have periodic testing completed and recharging in accordance with the British Standards.
How do you test the gauge on an extinguisher?
- We apply a back pressure to the exterior of the gauge using a purpose made finger pump, the needle should momentarily drop and return to position.
What is that smell?
- Some extinguishers, whilst being opened up and serviced give off a nasty “bad egg” smell. It’s harmless and caused by a reaction between plastic linings and the water inside.
Can I buy an extinguisher on an internet site and use it straight away?
- Extinguishers can be purchased from an internet site or local DIY store but all extinguishers must be commissioned by a qualified technician to British Standard BS 5306 before being installed.
Do I need signage with my extinguisher?
- Yes, extinguishers must be indicated by signs as per the British Standards requirements.
Do you provide safety signage?
- Yes, we do provide safety signage which is required for commercial and domestic premises.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to deal with your questions or queries.
All enquiries sent to Avon Extinguishers will be treated lawfully and only data that is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations will be stored.
Unit 8, SBI Centre
Bristol 0117 9602 266
Bath 01225 858 838
Swindon 01793 420 255
We operate a quality management system independently audited by BSI member no FM 30672